The Liebster Blog Award is an online virtual award given to new bloggers to help connect and share their new ventures with the blogging community. The rules are simple, and are posted below.
- On your blog, thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- Upload the award to your blog.
- Answer the questions you have been asked.
- Nominate five bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Notify the bloggers that you have nominated. They can be nominated more than once, giving their readers more chances to learn about them.
I was nominated by not one, but TWO amazing new bloggers to write and share some things about myself, so my post will be twice as long and informative.
My first nomination came from the very talented Bella at Embroidery Adventures. Like myself she is very into embroidery and fabric arts, and it’s always a joy to watch her new creations come to life.
The second person to nominate me was the lovely Andolina at Lessons From a Student Mom. A great blog about parenting, mental health and her journey through college.
So what I will be doing is answering questions from both girls, but I will only write out one set of questions for my list of nominees. I have nominated bloggers who are new to the blogging world, like myself, so you can all get to know them and get the chance to follow them on their journey.
Questions from Bella:
1. How did you get into blogging? I began following a few blogs about mental health as I suffer with manic depression. I felt like I was on a journey with these people, and it helped me a lot. I decided that I had things to say about my mental illness that may or may not help others the way these people helped me, so I started rambling about my own experiences and haven’t stopped yet!
2. What’s your favourite time of the day or night? I am most definitely not a morning person, never have been. I really can’t apologise enough to my mum who had to drag me out of bed kicking and screaming every morning for school! I have always been a night owl. My favourite time is just as the sun disappears, and the world seems to instantly quieten down. This is the time I am most creative.
3. Concerning any project, work or hobby, are you into the process or the completion? This is a tough question. My answer all depends on what mood I am in. If my anxiety is high one day I much prefer the completion, then my task is over. On other days I much rather enjoy taking my time and savouring the process. Perhaps I can use my moods as an excuse to why I have to many half finished projects at home!
4. Favourite genre of books or movies? I love psychological thrillers and Sci Fi movies. My favourite thing to do is to discover a new relatively unknown movie that blows my mind. I have discovered that most of my favourite movies are either French or Korean. Park Chan Wook being my favourite director.
5. Name an idea, maxim or saying that has caused you to evaluate your journey in life. When I was in college I discovered photography. I learned the history of it, how to develop film, how to use all types of cameras and mediums. Photography seemed to click for me. Images from over 100 years ago are available to look at right now. People who would have been long forgotten are immortalised in a single image. Photographs always make me wonder what the person was thinking and doing at that exact point in their life. Photography has made me appreciate time, so I try to use my time as well as I can. Having a mental illness makes it hard to appreciate every single day, but on good days I make them count, and take lots of photos!
6. Name one item from your bucket list. To visit Japan. Every thing about Japanese culture is truly amazing to me.
7. Introverted or extroverted? I used to be outgoing and social when I was in college, but after I had my son my depression overtook my life and over time I have become more and more introverted, to the point that my anxiety takes over if I need to be in social situations. I really wish I could go back to being sociable.
8. Favourite thing to eat for breakfast? A big hot cup of tea!
9. Type of music you prefer? I am a metal head. Anything with an interesting time signature and a rough bass gets turned up to 11. My neighbours hate me.
10. Share a memory from childhood. I won a drawing competition when I was 5 and won a little stuffed rainforest tree that had all the animals of the rainforest stuck to it with velcro. I still have it.
11. Share a goal you have for your blog. My goal is to connect with other creative types, share ideas, be inspired, connect with others who are also living with mental health so we can hopefully help and inspire each other.
Questions from Andolina:
What is your biggest accomplishment? I would have to be cliche and say my son. Everything else I have done has been great, but it passes and I move on to another project, but my son has been involved in everything I have accomplished since he was born, he loves being involved in all the things I do, and he is an amazing motivator. He keeps me going, and I love to watch him grow.
What is your favourite blog post written by you? I would have to say the post I wrote about my gran. She is a great inspiration to me, so creative and cooks a mean Sunday roast! I wanted to tell her story about a number of her paintings that were stolen a few years back, in the hopes that someone would recognise the paintings and she would be reunited with them. Full story is here.
Who is one person who has given you inspiration in your blogging journey? My partner has been so encouraging with my blog. He tells me just to let it all out, don’t hold anything back, and if inspiration strikes, just go with it!
If you could only write about one thing, what would it be? Photography. This is quite ironic because I haven’t even talked about photography in my blog yet. But it is early days.
Name your blogger crush. Who’s your favourite blogger? Because I am so new to the blogging world I don’t really know enough about a lot of bloggers to know them too well. I love spending my evenings catching up on the days posts from other bloggers, getting to know everyone a little each day, and just saying hi to people online is a lot easier to do that I had imagined in my anxiety ridden head.
Below are my list of questions for all you lucky nominees:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What is one thing you do every day that makes you happy?
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your favourite hobby?
- What are your blogging goals for this coming year?
- How do you keep yourself inspired?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What were you doing this time last year?
- Cats or dogs?
- If you were to give any advice to other new bloggers, what would it be?
After searching through the blogging world, I have nominated these lovely new bloggers for the Liebster Blogger Award:
I look forward to reading your answers. Have fun bloggers!